Greetings readers!!!

so i have thought about it and seen that many of the other great studio blogs out there regularly post updates on what they are working on things that are happening. So i thought to myself why not?? i should probably do that too! Might help me get more readers that see progress of work that i do regularly rather than jsut posting tutorials every now and then and product reviews. All people arent really into this kind of thing. SO im going to get straight to it!!

Recently i have been at it with quite a few different projects. Firstly i have been working on my own personal Dark vengeance set. I love the models in this set on both the imperium and chaos sides and its just a magnificent box. However when it comes to painting my own personal thigns i put in alot of time and effort as i feel that although this is a hobby i let it take hold of my artistic self and i can express myself in ways that i cant in regular everyday mundane life. For commission work i do ofcourse put in alot of effort as this is a job that i absolutely love and i have so much. I get to paint lots of different models, experiment alot, do things differently from how i might normally do on my own models etc etc, but this is however still a job. The models i paint for others dont have the same intrinsic value that my own models do. So i hope that explains why i put more effort into my own models. my prices also vary based on requests from customers so if they want something that i paint at the standard i paint my own things prices do apply ;)


But anyway back to the point. Dark vengeance. So far i have painted up the 5 deathwing terminators, one helbrute and have started working on the cultists and also the chaos marines(still only in assembly stages though)


I will be using the chaos marines and cultists as a core starting point for my up and coming word bearers army That i will be starting at the end of this. Trust me, it will be epic. So without further ado, here are some of the models.

first we have the cultist big boss



The skin was airbrushed over a Vallejo grey primer. First i started with a layer of VMA Hemp, VMA Radome Tan, and then lastly i mixed in abit of VMA white and shot from above. Then i washed it with brown and green mixed with glaze medium. started with brown then i let that dry and then i used the green. The rest of the model was painting using colors i thought would suit the best. PRetty happy with him. As i mentioned they will be used as my WB army i made sure that there is atleast some form of red on the model somewhere to tie the models in with the rest of the upcoming army. Lastly i lightly played around with some of the Vallejo pigments to give a slight weathering effect on the cloak. 



Then come the Deathwing



I am very happy with how they turned out. I think they look pretty awesome (kissing my own a$$) and each one took me about a day to complete. I airbrushed the white bone color. Started off wit ha grey base coat (vallejo Grey Primer) and then i did my first layer of paint which was Vallejo Beasty brown. I focused this on the areas that were darkest, and shot in an upwards direction. This allowed me to add nice shadows that contrasted smoothly with the bone color. I put this specifically in areas like armpits, between legs, under shoulderpads and general dark areas. Then again i used VMA Radome Tan and shot this at a straight on angle, This let me hit most of the areas of the armour and still keep the shadows. Then i used pure VMA White and shot straight down only hitting shoulders and top of head and stuff like that. Then i washed it with Vallejo wash Brown. The otehr details where painted with relevant colors. Oh yes and also i am not pleased with the bases (at all) so i will be redoing them in the near future once i have time. I dont think they look bad, but not up to my standard and also they are not matching the bases i use for the rest of my Dark Vengeance sets. Want them to match

Currently i am also working on a FW Drop pod for a customer. I have already painted up three in this color scheme and i am pleased with them so far, with pretty heavy weathering too. Not much to say about them but here is the current WIP one and also one shot of two of the earlier completed ones!




Currently also working on some Alaitoc eldar for another client of mine. I as actually pleasantly surprised. I never really liked eldar coz i thought that they were too hard to paint. This was however a reallllllllly long time ago, and through the years i have managed to learn a few things that have helped me paint them with pretty decent results. So i have been working on a Fire prism for this dude and i am happy with the model so far!! I am jsut in need of adding some decals then it will be done. Also did a snow base for the fireprism as i have done all of the his other eldar with this type of basing. Sorry the pic of the Fire prism isnt the best, so ya forgive me. Oh ya and forgot to mention that the turret has been magnetized so i showed one of guns being a fireprism and the other is a deathspinned thingy. jsut for show.




Next up is my librarian from Dark vengeance!!! Pretty happy with him. He has been sitting around on my desk for a few month incomplete but finally managed to finish him up the other day so thats good :)
Very happy with how he turned out. Like how robust this model looks too. However i have always hated the librarian swords with those stupid designs on them (think they look like some weird elvish design from LOTR or something) So i shaved those lines off and painted the sword too look like crackling fire of some sort stuck in a power sword. He is after all a librarian and uses powers of the warp ;)



Last but not least one of the more important personal projects i have been doing is my helbrute. primarily its so important because i used him to figure out the color scheme for my word bearers. Personally i love the color so will definitly be going with this. 






I cant even start to explain how i painted the flesh tones because it was all jsut a mix of everything and putting things where ever they looked good so ya. But the armor hoever was important. What i did was that i started of with a bright red and then i did a brown trim around each armour panel (all done with airbrush) This gave a nice solid base color and a good. It was important to get this stage done right. Then i did around 2 layers of a red glaze jsut to make the red really pop and blend in the edge trim of brown. This was then followed by a wash of Vallejo brown mixed 1:1 with their gloss varnish. The results can be seen above. Its simple, not too time consuming, and i think it looks perfect for a WB color scheme. Then did the trims with VMA Steel and washed it with Vallejo wash Black. Also wanted to some extensive base work on this guy. His base is two layers of cork sheet coz i really wanted him to tower of the rest of the models in the set. THen i added some junk and debris and then i covered alot of the base with some textured paints. In this case i used Vallejo Red Oxide. once the base grey shades were done i did some pigment work and jsut kinda used a few different pigmetns and jsut put them a bit all over the place to add a little bit of color. Then i also did a little pool of sewage run off some sort on the back of the base just to add a bit of character. All in all i am VERY happy with how he turned out. 





well thats all for this post folks!! Will keep you guys posted on anything else up and coming! :D